Updated July 2016.
Symmetra is the trade name of the Symmetra group of companies including Symmetra Holdings Pty Ltd, Symmetra Pty Ltd and Symmetra Technology Services Pty Ltd.
Symmetra respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This statement outlines how Symmetra deals with personal information collected through our website, through the use of Symmetra’s online tools or through any other means of direct communication between you and Symmetra.
Visits to our Website
Our computers automatically record your visit to the website and log the following non-identifiable information for statistical purposes:
- the Internet Protocol address,
- the date and time our server received the request,
- the pages, documents and files visited,
- the address of the resource which linked you to our website,
- the type of browser and, in some cases, the operating system used,
- in some cases, data you send to our website from web forms (e.g. search terms).
This information is collated for analysis. It is then evaluated and published in reports that show Symmetra usage patterns and identify popular areas of the website. This helps us to improve and the website.
Type of Information Collected
The following information would be captured only if and when you enter it voluntarily into a web form such a contact or event registration form:
- Name, business address, telephone numbers;
- Email addresses;
- Occupation or position;
- Interest in or attendance at Symmetra event; and
- Any other information received by us in the course of providing information, publications, seminars, consulting and advisory services to you or your organisation (as applicable).
Use of information held
We may use personal information about you:
- To assist in providing information, publications, seminars, consulting and advisory services to you or your organisation (as applicable);
- To provide newsletters, blogs ad research papers to you and generally to promote Symmetra’s services;
- For our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- To perform internal statistical analysis; and
- For seeking your feedback.
We will not disclose personal information about you to any person or organisation unless we are under legal obligation to do so. Any business associate, sub-contractor or alliance partner who has access to private information held by Symmetra is required to commit and bind themselves to the same Privacy undertakings as Symmetra. We do not sell lists or provide information about you to mailing houses or other organisations.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any form of communication from us. If you consent to Symmetra continuing to send you various forms of communication including emails, letters, newsletters or bulletins, simply do nothing. You will automatically continue to receive such communication. If you do not consent to Symmetra continuing to send you these forms of communication please notify us in writing, or unsubscribe yourself from our mailing list using the links provided in our emails.
Interactions with On-line Software
You may engage with one of Symmetra’s online learning or assessment tools such as the E-Challenge; ILI (Inclusive Leadership Index) or INTUITIV (unconscious bias assessment) and may be required to supply personal information to logon or to initiate the functioning of the tool.
Type of Information Collected
The following types of personal information may be collected, when you engage with one of Symmetra’s online tools:
- Name, gender, identity of employer;
- Place of employment;
- Position at work;
- Payment details such as credit card information
Symmetra will not collect sensitive information revealing your race, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual preference, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, marital status or details of health or disability.
Purpose of Collecting and Holding Personal Information
- To record identity of person engaging with online tool;
- To monitor numbers of employees from a given organisation accessing a Symmetra program or tool;
- To be able to respond to requests or queries; and
- To conduct statistical surveys.
Other Data Collected
Apart from personal data which identifies you specifically, Symmetra may through its online tools collect other data which is created or assembled through your interaction with these tools.
This data is in the nature of answers to questions, pertaining to your work or workplace, recording your viewpoint or personal assessment of work-related issues, your solutions to actual or hypothetical workplace problems, workplace metrics and like matters.
Symmetra will not permit any of the above-described data to be released to any person so that your responses can be linked to you.
This data is aggregated and depersonalised so that statistical or other generalised results can be obtained for educational, instructional or research purposes.
Access to Personal Information
Symmetra takes reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorised access or disclosure. You may request access to personal information we hold about you by contacting us.
Accuracy and Correction
Symmetra aims to ensure that all personal information that it collects is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If you have any reason to believe that any personal information held by Symmetra is inaccurate or requires updating, Symmetra requests that you notify us accordingly. Symmetra will take appropriate steps to rectify the information as soon as possible.
If you wish to access personal information which Symmetra holds about you, then kindly contact the Privacy Officer (details below).
If you wish to make a complaint about the manner in which Symmetra has handled your personal information, you can contact the Privacy Officer as set out in ‘How to Contact Us’. Symmetra will endeavour to reply to any complaint within 14 days of receipt and wherever possible will advise you of the reasons for the outcome of the complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commission.
How to Contact Us
If you have a query or complaint about personal information pertaining to you and held by Symmetra or you wish to add to or correct any personal information, please contact
Suit 96, Jones Bay Wharf
T +61 2 8570 9400
F +61 2 8570 9444
E [email protected]
Symmetra Pty Ltd Privacy Statement. Diversity Consulting Company Pty Ltd ABN 46 103 020 588 and Sustainability Challenge Company Pty Ltd ABN 36 11 909 516 are members of the Symmetra Group of Companies.